The Ten Basic Principles of Business Success – Interview with Dr John Demartini
A few hours ago, I had the incredible opportunity to have a conversation with one of the most inspiring authors, speakers and business consultants on the planet, Dr John Demartini.
Dr Demartini is a living example of how anyone can overcome any challenges presented to them in life and achieve true greatness. If anyone in the world is most suited to give the principles of success, this would be Dr John Demartini, as he spend the last 38 years researching the most successful people in history and has found out common traits and behaviors, putting into action what he learned in his life and going on to help millions of people transform their lives through his books, CD’s, DVD’s and seminars. Today he consults the top entrepreneurs and CEO’s in the world and is fully booked with his seminars touching millions of lives around the world each year with his work.
I am lucky to be fulfilling my dream of bringing Dr Demartini to my small island Cyprus to present his work in May 2011, something which has given me the opportunity to come closer to him as we are cooperating for the promotion of the events. He is one of those rare people who are so wise, inspired and unbelievably intelligent, that he leaves a positive impact on you just by listening to him talk!
As it is common knowledge that most people who start a business, struggle and fail, never making enough to create the lifestyle they dreamed of when starting their business, I decided to ask Dr Demartini who is himself the embodiment of business success, what are the main principles that people need to use to succeed in business.
I strongly recommend you if there is a seminar with Dr John Demartini in your area (he is constantly traveling the world giving seminars all year round) not to miss the opportunity, as what you will learn is invaluable. He gives lectures in the areas of maximizing human awareness and potential, business and career success, wealth building, relationships, family, spirituality, getting clear about your life purpose, breaking through challenges and overcoming fears to ultimately live the live you dream of and deserve. You can find all the information about his events, on his website www.drdemartini.com.
DR DEMARTINI’S BASIC PRINCIPLES OF BUSINESS SUCCESS:
The answers of Dr Demartini to my question ‘What do you think are the basic principles of business success?
1. FIND A NEED IN THE MARKET PLACE. The first component in building a business is finding out what the world needs, what services, what problems, what needs the world has. If you don’t fill a need, there’s no business. When I was 9 years old I went to my dad and asked if I could earn some money and he told me that all the things that he needed where all done, so if I wanted to make money I had to go to the neighbors. So I had to go to the neighbors and ask them what needs they had, what problems I could solve for them. As a result of that, by asking and being willing to do a service, I was able to earn money from my neighbors.
So the first principle of business success is identifying the needs of the society and then directly or indirectly fill those needs. In other means, either you with your services or your skills or your product fill in, or you broker somebody else who is producing the product and service to fill in. But whatever it is you need to find a need.
2. FIND WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO. Ideally you want to find what inspires you and do what you love to do most, in addition to filling people’s needs. So if you can identify what the needs are and then find the ones that inspire you to fill, you now have two components: a need from society and a desire inside you to fill it. Those two components are very empowering. When you can’t wait to get up in the morning and bring a service to people, people can’t wait to get that service.
3. IDENTIFY THE HIGHEST PRIORITY ACTIONS THAT WILL HELP YOU FULFILL THOSE NEEDS. You have to prioritize the actions that it takes to fulfill those needs, identify what are highest priority actions that will help you fulfill those needs. Make sure that you are working on top priority actions and delegating low priority actions. If you are doing things that are most important and you are doing them with inspiration you are going to increase your business.
4. DELEGATE LOW PRIORITY THINGS. Make sure that you are enrolling and hiring people to do the things that you are not designed or inspired to do, but needs to be done. By delegating those you are basically enrolling other people to assist you, you are extracting surplus value out of their services and you are freeing yourself to do what you do best which is what is most inspiring to do, your priorities.
5. STRUCTURE YOUR BUSINESS IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT MAXIMIZES ITS PROFITS. You want to reduce redundancies, make sure you are not doing things that are superfluous, make sure you are doing things most effective and efficiently.
6. SAVE A PORTION OF YOUR PROFITS AND BUILD A CUSHION OF LIQUIDITY. When you have a cushion of liquidity, you automatically have more stability in the business, you have higher quality clients, you’ll end up attracting more opportunities and you won’t be desperate. You’ll be inspired to select the quality clients that you choose.
7. INVEST A PORTION OF YOUR MONEY AND MAKE SURE YOUR MONEY IS WORKING FOR YOU AND YOU ARE NOT WORKING YOUR LIFE FOR YOUR MONEY.
8. COMMUNICATE THE PRODUCT IN THE VALUES AND NEEDS OF YOUR EMPLOYEES AND CLIENTS. When you are inspiring teams make sure you are communicating in their values, their individual values are what they are inspired to do. Nobody goes to work for the sake of work; they go to work to fulfill values. If you communicate the vision of the company and job duties in terms of people’s values their inspired by what they do and they produce more.
Also make sure you are communicating effectively in sales, advertising and marketing with your clients’ values and needs. Not only you need to discover them but you constantly have to keep at the forefront of what they are as they change and keep getting feedback from your customers to assist you in filling their needs. Make sure that you are honoring their needs and get feedback regularly for those needs and not living assumptions.
9. MAKE SURE YOU EXPAND THE VISION. You’ll only grow to the level of the vision and if you are not expanding the vision you’ll plateau the business and you’ll plateau the wealth.
10. PUT ENERGY INTO INNOVATION AND RESEARCH. Keep your eyes open for new opportunities and new ways of presenting products or services for those opportunities. You need to put energy into innovation and research. When you are constantly at the cutting edge, in the frontiers of research and innovation you tend to draw more opportunities to you and lead the way.
Dr Demartini analyses his principles in depth and gives specific steps at his seminars around the world and through his books, CD’s and DVDs that you can find on www.drdemartini.com.
Great post, Pavlina!
And congratulations by full filling your own dream! Keep dreaming and make them true so people like me get the opportunity to hear top experts like Dr John Martini in Europe!
I was blessed to hear Dr John Demartini speak in Cyprus at your event and it was truly inspiring. Me and Laura enjoyed every minute of it.
And now it is time to put the 10 principles of business succes in action!
Thank you Mark and sorry for the late reply! I just visited your blog and I love it, will be visiting it often to keep me on track 😉 I will be putting a lot more focus on my blog too from now on as writing is one of my passions and of course more focus on events that help improve people’s lives with speakers like Dr Demartini 🙂
Thank you so much for this article. I decided to google “all problems are opportunities” and your article came up. I want to let you know it was awesome for me. Why? I was able to follow your thought process and your action steps were brilliant. I am now going to share this with my entire staff of 25 here in Costa Rica. I felt I needed to tell you this so you can also benefit from the principles I learned here 🙂